Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Time for Tea

"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, what ever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things" Phil 4:8
I love tea!
I love drinking it and all the niceties that go with taking tea!
My everyday ( ie.several times a day lol!) choice is a low caffeine blend of ceylon and east Asia tea made by Madura.
I find it refreshing and pleasant to the taste and I really like knowing that the caffeine is not going to effect me too badly throughout the day.  I have mine quite weak and my beloved has his strong.
Perfect match :-)


And as I have nothing freshly baked today, I am having a light repast with one of my favourite biscuits, the german spiced gingerbread Pfeffernusse or Peppernuts.



My cup and saucer is a mis-matched pair from my collection of old and vintage china.
A Royal Albert saucer in the "Moss Rose" pattern a pretty English bone china cup from Aynsley.


I quite like mixing old pieces together - as long as it's pretty it looks fine to me!
A little wear and tear doesn't bother me at all. Like old and dear friends, time just makes them even better and more beautiful!
I don't have fancy, expensive china to show or beautiful furnishings and clever crafts.
But I do appreciate taking a few quiet moments out of my day, to sit down with a lovely cup of a favourite drink and simply enjoy a peaceful rest.
I  pray you, also, find space in your day to breathe a little slower, take a look around you and thank the Lord for the blessings He provides you with every single day :-)
Trish

I am joining Sandi's Tea Time Tuesday for the first time, at her beautiful blog
And I'm also taking Tea on Tuesday with my dear friend Maria at



Tea Time Tuesday

15 comments:

  1. I just love that sort of old china - there is something so delicate and graceful about it. I own a few bits and pieces but have no where to store it so haven't bought any more.

    I love the look of your blog - those pansies and butterflies are just gorgeous - very old fashion:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trish,
    Welcome to Tea Time Tuesday; I'm so happy you have joined us! Philippians 4:8 is one of my favourite scriptures and it's nice to come visit you and find it on your post. What a charming teacup and saucer! I love mis-matched sets as they have a personality all their own! Thank you for sharing and it's very nice to 'meet' you! Please visit me any time; I love the company. You have a lovely blog and I've signed up to be your newest follower.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Can a tea cup have a story? Yes! If tea cups could talk........

    So inspiring & look forward to reading more.

    Blessings, Patrizia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post Trish, your teacup and saucer is so pretty and delicate. I enjoy finding new tea blends. I know I am going to enjoy visiting you here at Lily~Rose Cottage.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! I found you via Maria, and loved your 'teatime'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful! The tea and the biscuits looks scrumptious :)

    Thank you for sharing tea with me :-)

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty blog, Miss Trish!

    The tea cups are very lovely! Some day I hope to get a full tea set of my own. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Trish, Beautiful blog! It is nice to meet you.

    Hugs & Blessings ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trish, This is a very pretty post. You have lovely tea cups! Antique/vintage/previously loved - hey, that's absolutely fine! Love your blog background too.
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this beautiful blog. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Trish, This is a beautiful post and your tea cup is so pretty. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty tea cup and I like how you mix and match!!! I've not heard of that tea but will have to see if I can find some -- I've finally got my tea trove whittled down so am on the lookout for some new ones!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have shared one of my very favorite verses. "Whatever is lovely..."
    Your tea cup is very pretty with the pink and red flowers and the little blue ones tucked in on the side.
    thank you so much for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete